Im kinda new to these forum things.
what does a staff writer do?
Also, how can u become a mod?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Staff Writer = someone who has proven themselves by the quality of their blog postings, both in terms of editorial and volume. The very first requirement is that you have a current blog here, and one that is full of really good, on-topic, IT news/analysis postings.

Mods = you can become a mod by expressing an interest in so doing, and by proving your suitability in terms of helping the membership by answering questions in forum, not violating the rules and generally being devoted to DaniWeb :)

What forum(s) are you interested in moderating and why?

Software development, Web development, and TeckTalk. Because i have experience in these fields and i also notice alot of thread's that i have experience in, and i believe that i could be helpfull to them. I can also be good at regulating negative threads and or replys.

Thanx for the info.

I think the trick here, without wishing to sound flippant, is to prove it but helping in those threads when you see them, showing that you have the relevant knowledge and ability to provide the kind of help that DaniWeb wants to give to the community here.

Often, once this happens, members get spotted and their names get mentioned in the mods forum with regard to possible promotion to mod status.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.