Hiya to anyone that can help, or anyone who's scanning over this thread. Here's my issue, I teach an engineering class in Michigan ( not important) and I installed synchroneyes on the classroom computers so that I could watch what they were doing from my screen and if they have any problems I could assist multiple students at one time sitting from desk. for anyone that is familiar with Synchroneyes you know that you can view all of the computers on your network at one time. Anyhow, when I use this software with Autodesk Inventor 11 I get a 1/2 second or so lag in viewing the work that they are doing. So the question I have is, #1 has anyone used this type of setup before? and #2 if i can't find a solution with Synchroneyes does anyone know another monitoring software package that offers the same features as Synchroneyes?

thanks in advance for any help anyone could give me.

Mattethington

Hiya to anyone that can help, or anyone who's scanning over this thread. Here's my issue, I teach an engineering class in Michigan ( not important) and I installed synchroneyes on the classroom computers so that I could watch what they were doing from my screen and if they have any problems I could assist multiple students at one time sitting from desk. for anyone that is familiar with Synchroneyes you know that you can view all of the computers on your network at one time. Anyhow, when I use this software with Autodesk Inventor 11 I get a 1/2 second or so lag in viewing the work that they are doing. So the question I have is, #1 has anyone used this type of setup before? and #2 if i can't find a solution with Synchroneyes does anyone know another monitoring software package that offers the same features as Synchroneyes?

Mattethington

Remote control software typically has a problem viewing 3-D images. This may be one of the reasons for the lag. We use NetSupport School and adjusted the setting to screenscrape mode and it works fine.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Do you use an software like Inventor 11?

Good Afternoon Matt -

My name is Doug Whittlesey and I'm with Geneva Logic. We have a software solution for Classroom Lab Management called Vision.

The speed issue that you mention is something that we have overcome in our product and in fact we now work in a wireless environment. We also just released a Teach-Pad remote that you may also be interested in.

If you would like to check us out I've included a link below to our main Vision page from our website, where you can download a copy to evaluate. If you choose to do an evaluation, I would encourage you add both Surf.Lock and App.Control to your evaluation, plug-ins that complete Vision.

http://www.genevalogic.com/index.php?id=us-vision

I won't try to contact you any after this, was just browsing through and noticed your post and thought I would offer you another solution.

Cheers!

Doug Whittlesey
Regional Account Manager - GenevaLogic, Inc.
15725 SW Greystone Court, Suite 105
Beaverton, Oregon 97006 USA
Toll Free: (866) 725-7828
Direct: (503) 352-3546
Fax: (503) 352-3413
E-Mail:

Mattethington

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.