Hi all,

I have to do this question to prepare for my "structure of Telecomm" subject final exam this week.

this is the question:

- What effect will cellular phones have on small business in the next 10 years?

This is what i did so far:

Cell phones are technologically advancing everyday, and they will posses the ability to do many technologically advanced functions, such as building applications for the business’s users. Cell phones are rapidly advancing to an extent, which would eventually allow them to replace laptops and computers. This will reduce software and hardware costs for businesses, since the cell phone would provide multiple services, such as creating applications, and many other things such as credit card, GPS locater and a television. Since cell phones are widespread, they will eventually replace normal land line phones, due to their portability. Cellular phones would also change the notation of communication for small businesses, because cellular phones are convenient and flexible. Therefore, businesses would be able to enjoy high-speed data access, data transmission and communications.

Im running out of ideas, and i would greatly appreaciate any other ideas, articles, websites, etc, that would help me. I would also like to know from you if im on the right track.

Thank you!!

itchap

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

aah iact 202 student ehh nicee ..im also givin it tomo :D best of luck!

What's with the color fetish?

I'm going to tear into this paragraph as if I wanted to hurt your feelings, because I think it's very bad.

Cell phones are technologically advancing everyday [b](Duh.)[/b], and they will posses the ability to do many technologically advanced functions [b](You just said this, and duh.)[/b], such as building applications for the business’s users.  [b](Cell phones don't build applications, people do, and this fact is redundant, since that's the whole point of software.  What business, what users, why?)[/b] Cell phones are rapidly advancing to an extent, [b](You just [i]said[/i] this.)[/b] which would eventually allow them to replace laptops and computers.  [b](In the next ten years, or not?  You think qwerty keyboards will go out of style?)[/b]  This will reduce software and hardware costs for businesses, since the cell phone would provide multiple services, such as creating applications, and many other things such as credit card, GPS locater and a television.  [b](How does this indicate that software or hardware costs would be reduced?  Software won't be any less complex unless it doesn't do things that are done now, and hardware technology has nothing to do with the development of efficient programming techniques.  Why would software be cheaper?  Why would the hardware be cheaper than non-miniaturized equivalents?)[/b] Since cell phones are widespread, they will eventually replace normal land line phones, due to their portability. [b](Okay.  But being widespread isn't the reason they'll replace land line phones.  You need to think from the businessman's perspective.  If you're a businessman, what decisions could you make in order to save money?  And think from the perspective of people trying to make money helping businessmen save money.  What assumptions, what restrictions, on what small businesses can do, are removed?  You should define what a small business is, precisely, too.)[/b]  Cellular phones would also change the notation of communication for small businesses, because cellular phones are convenient and flexible. [b](Notation?  What are you talking about there?)[/b]  Therefore, businesses would be able to enjoy high-speed data access, data transmission and communications.  [b](They already do, and what makes you think there's a logical connection between being convenient/flexible and the availability for high bandwidth?)[/b]

In summary, your paragraph says nothing. You're connecting high-level phrases with words like "because" and "therefore" to produce statements that look like the output of a random essay generator. That style of reasoning would be appropriate on a political campaign website, but on your final exam, you're probably expected to make sense.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.