hello guys, I downloaded a flash video with extension .flv i tried to play it with a macromedia flash player but it won't play. where i could play this type of file?please let me know where i could..

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

>i tried to play it with a macromedia flash player but it won't play.
Macromedia, eh?

Flash Video (FLV) is a proprietary file format used to deliver video over the Internet using Adobe Flash Player (formerly known as Macromedia Flash Player) version 6, 7, 8, or 9.

Try updating your player.

i don't know why it won't play at macromedia. just try download a third party app

Do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player? And as a last resort, try something like VLC.

Does VLC player support .FLV formats?

according to my search vlc support this file. so i'll try this one

hmmm i dont know why but i sugest downloading Moyea FLV to video converter and playing it in windows media player or better divx sorry if this is not what you asked for but just a sugestion

Not a bad suggestion, but converting can sometimes be a hassle. Upgrading macromedia or using vlc player should have worked..

TRUE but hese tried upgradeing flash

You can also easily convert the .flv file to any format if it is under 100MB using zamzar.com. It a pretty cool website. I use it when I get files from YouTube and want to watch them in another media format.

it works on vlc

VLC Plays almost anything, and I've used it before for .flv

the flv file could always be corrupt, try playing another one and see if it works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.