Okay, as you can see from the headline i got a problem :icon_cry:
and since i cant figure it out on my own i thought i would post it here and see what you guys think.
When i turn on my PC it starts to load for about 1 or 2 seconds but it dosent boot, instead it displays an error msg. "Warning , some of the frequency settings may have been changed. Please press DEL to change them." Then it restarts automatically and does the same thing again.
I tried to start with "last known good figuration" - didnt help. I checked the frecuency/voltage control settings wich were following :
Detect CPU FSB clock - auto
CPU FSB clock- 100Hz
CPU DRAM clock RATIO - by SPD
DRAM frecuency - 266MHz
DRAM Vcore Ajust - 2.6 v
CPU Vcore adjust - auto
I dont have any experience with BIOS, anyone got an idea if and what i should change in the settings or do i have to replace some hardware ? - Thanks! :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

First, "last known good configuration" is a Windows boot choice, not a means of changing your BIOS settings. Go back into the BIOS and look for a "Load BIOS defaults" or something similar. Choose that, save the settings, then restart.

no most bios have a reset to default setting i think thats what he meant?.....if not you can try that :P

Arcnazgul, I was telling him to load his default BIOS settings. Wasn't that clear? But first I had to clear up his confusion with the Windows XP boot message to load "last known good configuration," which has nothing to do with the BIOS.

okay thanx for that i will try it, but im getting a hairy feeling that its my harddrive thats messing up... cuz i checked the bios and they shud be just fine :) oh btw its her not him :D

Ahh, SillyCarrot, I still hold to the old time method of using the male gender when you don't know the person's gender. But thank you for correcting us; in your case I now know.

Regarding your original problem: based on how your system is reporting that those frequencies have been changed, the issue lies in the BIOS or the motherboard itself, but NOT the hard drive. Those settings are maintained in a chip on your motherboard, not on your hard drive. And within the first one or two seconds, the system is still reading the video BIOS (if you have a separate video card) and then the motherboard BIOS. The settings referred to are in the motherboard BIOS.

This might be different if this was some Windows program reporting this after your system was fully up and running and Windows was loaded. Then you would still examine your BIOS, but you would also check the program itself. But that's not what you have described.

So if your hard drive is messing up, then that would be a separate issue. I hope you don't have multiple issues! :S Well, one thing at a time ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.