I got an Emachine Emonster600 computer from my cousin, because he's trying to get rid of some of his old computers. Well, I got it working originally, except for the fact that when I gave it power (in this case, just plugging the computer into the wall), it would start running, but no graphics (It has an AGP card).

Well, I waited about 5 minutes and it would shut off and all would be well. Recently, I had swapped video cards, because I had a 32meg card in it, and I didn't need that much performance, so I put in a 16mb video card from my Pentium 2. I also changed the hard drive to a different one.

However, now when I plug it in, I get power, but no graphics. And it won't shut off like it did before. When I plugged in a PS/2 keyboard, the NumLock key was flashing, and not a solid light.

Could this be a power supply issue? I tried removing the NIC card, CD-ROM, and Floppy Drive, and a stick of ram.

Or could this system have a partially dead mobo?

Any help would be appriciated.

Read the announcement at the start of this part of the forum. It says do not ask for support here. >.< Please repost this elsewhere in the correct part of the forums would be nice.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.