pls can you tell me how to do seo for fourms...

Is the same way of link building or pls adivse ??

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Hi,

I think you should try web2.0 sites. Find some niche forums and put your signature on those forums.

ask for other forums and ask for a link exchange..

Directory submission, blog and article posting will help a lot

Forums are exactly like the rest of the websites and dynamically created web pages in terms of being optimized and having rankings. By containing the keywords people are using over the net as well as adding quality one way links pointing at your web pages and the forum homepage, gradually the rankings would get improved.

Optimize potential keywords that people would search to find your website?

Not only SEO, but ensure that the contents and categories correlate with your SEO tactics. I have seen some message boards with archaic categories - from a SEO perspective, this does not help bring qualified traffic unless this traffic were using those specific search terms.

i would like to tell you something..

forums are basically needs a strong online branding rather than conventional seo practice.

Just make your forum a seo friendly (i mean to say follow the seo basics), then start a strong smo campaign for it...submit it in the social networking site etc...you can also put your forum link in your signature...
it will surely helps you

For the promotion of Forum you need to give it more expose between people to encourage them for sign-up. Social networking sites are very helpful, start interesting threads/topics in forum.

... or do like many other Internet marketers do around here: spit out some topic related babble and make sure your signature contains all your properly spelled and grammatically correct keyphrase anchor links;however rediculous it appears.

ie:

"Great article on SEO for description of keywords in web."
Used Cars, Ringtones, Russian Dating Site, Expert Search Engine Optimization Service, 3 inch Copper Elbows, Montreal Limousine Service

If your main target is to get visitors via search enignes then the best way is to work on on-page elements. If you want people to visit and become a member of your forum then you need to build some really impressive and informative contents. You can promote your site on relevant forums, banner exchange, link exchange and social networking sites. The best way to get potential visitors on your forum is to look for the queries people ask on other forums and create a similar question and its answer on your forum and show them the way to your forum for answer.

If your main target is to get visitors via search enignes then the best way is to work on on-page elements. If you want people to visit and become a member of your forum then you need to build some really impressive and informative contents. You can promote your site on relevant forums, banner exchange, link exchange and social networking sites. The best way to get potential visitors on your forum is to look for the queries people ask on other forums and create a similar question and its answer on your forum and show them the way to your forum for answer.

I agree link exchange can be very helpful

Not only the link exchange, but every possible techniques should be used to promote your forum.

For the promotion of Forum you need to give it more expose between people to encourage them for sign-up. Social networking sites are very helpful, start interesting threads/topics in forum.

Making a forum popular is not an easy task to accomplish. You can get links and stuff to make it visible on search engine results. The toughest task would be to encourage your forums users to post and return to visit your forum.

Ask yourself as a basic user and not an forum admin as to why someone would join the forum and make contribution by posting on it.

Hope that helps.

I would also say take a structural tip from the forums at DaniWeb and make the various sub-forum titles based on keywords that you are using to describe your site. This, in some case, encourage forum participants to use other variations of the sub-forum titles that are also keywords. For example, this is the Search Engine Optimization sub-forum and many of the posters here use the acronym SEO. I will bet a paycheck or two that in the meta tag keywords are various phrases and words that are used by many of the people posting. Instant keyword rich content to keep the spiders happy.

Besides SEO you need to communicate properly when on forums. interesting topics & relevant replies is the key as well

Set signature in your forum profile using keywords so that you get backlinks from every post.

According to me link exchange is most excellent method. Otherwise ask on another forums and I hope you will get more useful reply.

I think social bookmarking and content have most.

seo is indispensable in this regard other thing you may go link exchange and ppc initially :)

Forums are good for increase visitors. You can increase backlinks by social bookmarking, directory, blog commenting, profile linking.

hi,
You can include Meta tags for your threads and topics While Meta Data isn’t as important as it used to be, many of the top search engines still use it. Yahoo! still pays attention to Meta keywords, though doesn’t give it much data, and most search engines use Meta description to display some information about a page in their search results.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.