Can anyone tell how can i get my PR increase to atleast 5 .

<< url snipped >> My website has only 3 PR.

Regards
Sukhpreet Singh

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

PR mainly increase`s based on the content and the site`s linking to it , like if you have Pagerank 2 and u get linked from a PG 7 site u`r pagerank may get increased . The best way is to post in high pageranked forums (like u`r doin now :mrgreen: ) and use link exchange .

edit : errr .. I see that you have site titled "Web Application Development with Web Site Promotion" . then why this question ? or was it just a way to get linked :twisted:

Your pagerank is 4 you sick spammer :o

Its a pretty nice site. Good luck with everything.

PR mainly increase`s based on the content and the site`s linking to it , like if you have Pagerank 2 and u get linked from a PG 7 site u`r pagerank may get increased . The best way is to post in high pageranked forums (like u`r doin now :mrgreen: ) and use link exchange .

edit : errr .. I see that you have site titled "Web Application Development with Web Site Promotion" . then why this question ? or was it just a way to get linked :twisted:

Friend can you please guide me with some steps & guidelines to promote my site, I will be greatful to you. AS i,m really confused with all the information on web.

Is there any definite path or steps to get your site on top & listed.

Regards
Sukhpreet Singh

A few issues to mention here:

1. You will never know what your true PR is. The toolbar PR is highly inaccurate and has not been updated in months.

2. PR is not related to how high your site will rank. Rather, a higher PR will cause Googlebot to dig deeper when deep crawling your site.

3. If you do want a Toolbar PR5, pursue high quality inbound links and wait.

IMHO, Toolbar PR is not what you want to be focusing on.

Can anyone tell how can i get my PR increase to atleast 5 .

<< url snipped >> My website has only 3 PR.

Regards
Sukhpreet Singh

Only a PR3 Ranking! You poor thing. :) My site has been up since March 05 and I'm still bumming along on a PR0. I'll be breaking out the champagne when I achieve PR1.

Those inbound links are VERY hard work!

Hi,

You may want to revise your Title and other tags for better search engine ranking and for PR just sit on it and keep getting P3+ inbound links.

Good Luck!

The bigger question is: Where are you ranking for the key phrases that you are targeting?

If you find yourself struggling with certain searches that you are testing, you might be going head to head with sites that will always out rank you. You might want to go for some niche key phrases to increase traffic and ROI.

I have given up using the toolbar as a guide to my sites PR as I currently have a site that has PR in the morning and doesn't have any in the afternoon.....presume that the Google algo is having a few 'issues' again (like I know what I am talking about :!: )

I have given up using the toolbar as a guide to my sites PR as I currently have a site that has PR in the morning and doesn't have any in the afternoon.

Do you have session ids turned off? Session ids in the URL will throw off the Google PR tool bar because it won't recognize the URL.

Only a PR3 Ranking! You poor thing. :) My site has been up since March 05 and I'm still bumming along on a PR0. I'll be breaking out the champagne when I achieve PR1.

Those inbound links are VERY hard work!

I've broken out the champagne!! I'm now a PR3 !!!!

good content + relevant info. + interesting + links -> good PR
and if you get money it s faster.

Let me tell you something: Google DOES NOT use PageRank, it’s a myth. It’s green fairy dust.

-Mike Grehan, SES San Jose, 8/9/05

Signs are pointing to the slow down of PR updates from Google. But PR is something that helped Google get to where they are now...especially their founders (at Stanford). I am sure they are not so quick to toss the entire blueprint out the window.

Performance SEO

OK

The things you will need to is:

- GAIN AS MANY LINKS TO YOUR SITE AS POSSIBLE.
- TRY GET WEBSITES THAT HAVE A PAGE RANK TO LINK TO YOU (the higher the better)
- Add your website link to directoies small or large as long as they give you a direct link ((http://www.websiteurl.com))> not a redirect link to your site

and thats it to Google Page Rank

All You need to now is keep on linking and wait for google to update there Page Rank database.

To check how many people are link to you from google type

link:www.websiteurl.com

HINT: replace www.websiteurl.com with your websites urls

Well good luck.

Please review my site again http://kvcindia.com . And if some one interested in linking to my site please let me know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.