Getting backlinks (links to your site from others of same niche) is necessary to increase your Page Rank in the long term.

Getting backlinks (links to your site from others of same niche) is necessary to increase your Page Rank in the long term.]

It isn't going to increase you PR any more than a non-relevant link, however it certainly will give you more of a boost in the SERPS.

Getting backlinks (links to your site from others of same niche) is necessary to increase your Page Rank in the long term.

It isn't going to increase you PR any more than a non-relevant link, however it certainly will give you more of a boost in the SERPS.

Backlinks are the most effective way to get high PR but you can't neglect other promotional activity for getting good PR for the website like - content on webpages, inter-linking, anchoring, domain age, website's market, etc.

Is it true that only the backlinks was the most effective factor that calculates the pagerank of a page?

Absolutely, however I see some sites get PR1 for just 1 pr0 backlink, do not know why.

fromthe5 and about 1/2 of you are absolutely right. PR is all about authority, authority is based on how many pages (outside of your domain) that point to your page. So, PR can't be increased by content value, it's impossible. You can have a crappy page but if you have 100,000 links pointing to it, guess what, HUGE PR. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just stating facts.

The reverse happens all the time. Haven't you ever gone to a great site with a ton of traffic and a PR1 or even a 0? The window for this closes quickly as word spreads and backlinks climb.

I have a page that explains backlinks a bit more if you'd be interested;
http://www.seome.com/basic-seo/calculate-page-rank

The figures while loose are well within generally accepted ranges.

Cheers

google will determine how popular your site is by monitoring the age of your site, inbound links, traffic and content.

And among these, I think the link and the content are the most important two!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.