I have been reading a lot lately that people say this is an excellent way to get back links, although I just answered a couple questions and placed my URL in the resource box, and it did not appear as a link. I tried HTML, and that didn't work either. Is creating it as a link possible, or only as text?

Does anyone know.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I have posted links under the sources and not in the answer itself. It worked before for me. I loved Yahoo Answers, especially for cooking advice.

I posted in both places and the links are not showing... hhhhmmmmmm

Hmm, although yahoo answer is good for getting backlinks, i dont think it was give benefit to google for it was a no follow site.

Hmm, although yahoo answer is good for getting backlinks, i dont think it was give benefit to google for it was a no follow site.

Just because it is No-Follow doesn't mean you don't get any SEO advantage. Besides Yahoo answers give you a lot of targeted traffic. That's very useful to sites that promote affiliate products.

as far as I know, yahoo answer are no follow
but they don't delete your resource box if your answer related to question. Ps.Yahoo have good PR and Good indexing so it will make traffic for you.
why not give it a shoot ?

Yahoo will allow you to post live link only when you reach level 2 :-(
and on top of it the links are nofollow , yahoo also penalizes your website if you get too many no follow back links .

I have been reading a lot lately that people say this is an excellent way to get back links, although I just answered a couple questions and placed my URL in the resource box, and it did not appear as a link. I tried HTML, and that didn't work either. Is creating it as a link possible, or only as text?

Does anyone know.

Yahoo answer is a place to receive traffic. Backlinks?? well no. Yahoo answers follow a no follow tag mostly. I have been lucky to receive some links from yahoo answers though I answered more than 1000 answers.
I still consider it as a great option to improve traffic directly. It does not influence search engines.

Thanks for all the answers guys. The level 2 thing makes sense now, because I am only level 1 right now.

Just try to copy and paste the URL of your site or to make it easy the address of your site found on the address bar paste it and you do have that link. No more html codes needed to have that link!

I never knew about level two until now. I am in level two of Yahoo Answers and I think Yahoo Answers is a great way to outreach.

Yahoo answer is really a effective and helpful resource for increasing the traffic for the website or promoting any product.

Yeah... you should be in level 2. Yahoo says that Level 1 users will no longer be able to include active links in their answers. You can still include a URL, but it won’t appear as an active link. As the Yahoo blog post says, this is a small but significant change.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.