Hi,

I would like to know what is the difference between bing search engine and live.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Live was MSN's search engine, they have just re-named it and tweaked it a bit.

As I know that Live.com was replaced by Bing or something like merging them and I think the difference between the two is that the features, Bing now does have much improve features and other new features added to it.

Thank you all for clarification.

Hi,

I would like to know what is the difference between bing search engine and live.

Thanks

Bing is the newer version of Live. Even if you type live.com in the url space, you will be automatically directed to bing.com.

Both are developed by Microsoft Corporation

Allison

besides Personally, I'm actually finding Bing's results a notable improvement over Live

and it seems to be at least on par with Google as far as relevance is concerned
so i already work on BING and wish would have good results

Bing is the new changed and advanced form of live.com.

BING receive more than enough attention
and I do think It rocks

I wonder if in a year, what is the market share Bing will have? Do you predict it will be more than 30% or even 50%?

It sounds promising... Bing is definitely going to catchup, all the optimizations we used to do for Google will now have to be done for Bing too.

Bing/Yahoo may use another factor in its crawler to rank sites. Time will tell and if I find out, I will certainly post it here for discussion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.