Hey guys,hello,I am Serena.I want to become successful SEO.Can anybody help me.

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

There are many factors that go into optimizing your site for search. If there is anything specific, please feel free to ask for help here at DaniWeb. We are happy to help!! :)

In the meantime, try sticking to these core basics...

• Research your relevant keywords and keyword search phrases.
  • Conventionally name your site's file pages and/or Sub-domains
  • Optimized title, meta and alt tags
  • When coding your site, adhere to universally accepted web standards .
  • Create compelling and grammatically correct content
  • Employ Web analytics to track traffic and review how visitors are finding and using your site.

To add one more to all of Jay11's points is employ a relevant and properly targeted social media campaign that links back to the site(s) you are optimizing to create relevant links. The social media channels to use for this would/could be:

1. Blogs - both ones that are created by the site owners and ones that address topics relevant to your site(s)
2. Twitter - tweet about new content to your site with links back and build a following
3. Facebook - Create a fan page (if applicable) with links back to your site. Invite people to become fans. Post content (notes, videos, links to articles and blog posts) that are relevant to the goal of your site. Link from the site to the fan page and vice versa.
4. Linkedin - Create a corporate presence for the company for each site (if applicable) and encourage employees of the company to create profiles, link to the company page, add a link to the website in their profile, and join groups that are relevant to the website goals and participate in discussions.

Also, to add to the last point by Jay11, do not rely on a single analytics tool but source out a couple that will allow you to run analytics and compare results.

Try writing articles about your knowledge of SEO and submit them to websites accepting author submissions. You get exposure and can help you establish as an authority in that field. And if 50 websites will publish your article, then you easily get 50 links. The more links you have, the greater your chances for increasing your exposure.

I think to become a successful seoer, you might want to analyze your competitors and learn from them. For systematical learning, I would recommend seobook and seomoz sites. :)

Hi Serena and welcome to Daniweb. I agree 100% what Jay said. I'll just reword it a little differently. I think probably the most important SEO things to learn are:
1. How to create unique, credible, authoritative, interesting and important content.
2. How to deploy an effective internal linking structure.
3. How to properly craft the optimizable web page components.
4. How to naturally evolve a web site promotion.

Try writing articles about your knowledge of SEO and submit them to websites accepting author submissions. You get exposure and can help you establish as an authority in that field. And if 50 websites will publish your article, then you easily get 50 links. The more links you have, the greater your chances for increasing your exposure.

While this is a good piece of advice it would not be prudent to start putting ones self out there as an SEO expert unless you have the track record to prove it.

Definitely we will help you, ask anything about SEO you want to know..you will get hundreds of reply in just few seconds.. that is the power of forum..

YOU need read eBook you will get more information from it......

I have found this site to be quite informative for emerging SEO training.
www seomoz org/blog/the-beginners-checklist-for-learning-seo Especially for the novice. Give it a shot and there's more out there if your interested. Give me a shout!

Ben Michalski

YOU need read eBook you will get more information from it......

do you have a particular one you can recommend?

You can start with submit the site at the exact directories and get multiple links. Then if the theme of the site give you opportunity to write an articles for that - do it. Post comments, connected with your site to forums and blogs, of course DO NOT SPAM, it's a bad advertise. Use right the social networks to talk and advertise about your website. Meanwhile do title, keywords and tags optimization - it's important. And to end of my post I'll suggest you to read one short article with website promotion experimental scheme - <snip> . I hope it be helpful.

forums seo ph/showthread php?t=6625

A very nice compilations by Benj Arriola, A filipino SEO.
hope this helps..

I will suggest you to become a good learner, join some seo forums, go SEOchat site and other online tutorials on the net.

Learn proper on-page and off-page optimiation, these are very important tips for SEO.

Hi...
Since many of them have told you what to do in SEO.
I would like to point out some Dont's:
1. link baiting
2. Phone numbers in title
3. flash images in head or title

Hi...
Since many of them have told you what to do in SEO.
I would like to point out some Dont's:
1. link baiting
2. Phone numbers in title
3. flash images in head or title

Good points. To the original poster, if you want to learn good SEO techniques learn what is black hat SEO and avoid it at all costs.

go to google and search seo tutorial and the number 1 listed result is this site webconfs.com/seo-tutorial. i have already checked this out this is really good. at the end of the tutorial there is a test. this will be helpful it wiil let you know how far and what you have understood.

Inorder for you to become successful, first you need to know the basics about seo, it the proper steps so that you are moving on the right track. Seo is like math you have to learn the basics in order to understand the advance branches of math same with seo.
you can try doing extensive research, practical analysis and application.

Good Luck with your endeavour keep us posted.

commented: So many words to say absolutely nothing. -2

you can learn seo online
get much resourse from google
it is not hard to master seo basic knowledge

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.