Who here have used Youtube, Daily Motion and other video submission sites for their SEO? It would be great to exchange notes.

For those of you who are wondering, video SEO is a great avenue to explore now both for SEO and organic traffic.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi there,

to answer your question about if videos help with SEO amongst top social media sites such as YouTube, MySpace, etc. the answer is a definite YES!

I've used video and it has certainly helped with not only search engine optimization, but also with overall traffic boosts to my pages due to direct traffic from those sources.

Hope that helps!

-Emmanuel
SEO Help

I've used video and it has certainly helped with not only search engine optimization, but also with overall traffic boosts to my pages due to direct traffic from those sources.

Hi Emmanuel:

How did it help you? I mean what were your numbers before and after and how did you track it to your video efforts as opposed to ordinary SEO efforts?

How effective is it? Is it more effective than say, backlinking from article submission sites?

Sorry for the questions, but am definitely interested!

Hi Emmanuel:

How did it help you? I mean what were your numbers before and after and how did you track it to your video efforts as opposed to ordinary SEO efforts?

How effective is it? Is it more effective than say, backlinking from article submission sites?

Sorry for the questions, but am definitely interested!

Hi QueenofNile,

You can easily track the flow of your traffic using Google Analytics (free) - that way you can see if you're getting any traffic referred to your site from YouTube, MySpace, etc...

How effective is it? It's as effective as you make it. Plain and simple.
It really depends on the market, the product and your presentation.

Is it more effective than backlinking from article submission sites? Let me put it this way: flour on it's own doesn't do much. Sugar on it's own doesn't do much. Eggs on their own don't do much...but put them all together, and you have one awesome cake.

(Okay, so I love eggs on their own...but you get the point).

Don't compartmentalize each method so much - you should be mixing it up (not JUST video...not JUST article submission...not JUST directory submission...not JUST social bookmarking, etc....all of them).

Hope that helps. :)

-Emmanuel
http://SEOHelpVideos.com

Who here have used Youtube, Daily Motion and other video submission sites for their SEO? It would be great to exchange notes.

For those of you who are wondering, video SEO is a great avenue to explore now both for SEO and organic traffic.

Yes, video SEO is very effective in getting traffic and increase the visibility of my site. But you need to have good video to offer first before seeing the effect of it.

You can try Tube Mogul as they submit to 10 sites all at once. Only thing is that you need to have the login/pw of all 10 sites in place.

I have used video sites like youtube, dailymotion, vodpod etc. for the better ranking in SERPs and yes this is very good way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.