I have read that adding video to a website will dramatically help your website with page rank ect is this accurate and if so do I need to run the video through you tube or can I run it myself will it make a difference? Which is better video or a blog to help your seo page rank ect?

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Hi,

of course by youtube video clips, you can increase your unique visitors and page ranking.

Well, you read wrong. Adding video may help the Internet visitor get a better understanding of your web site and that's important but it won't have any effect on Google PageRank. Adding video is a good idea though; after all, what's the use in getting a visitor from the search engine if the user won't be encouraged to make a phone call. If video amplifies the visitor's experience then add it.

There's no such thing as SEO page rank. The purpose of a blog is to give a more behind the scenes look into your business and business ideas. Every article you write will create unique content. This is what the search engines like; unique content. Throw a link to your important web pages here and there so as to gel the blog with the website and both will help each other in the search engine results pages.

Adding video will help you in traffic rather than it will put impact in Google page ranking.

youtube video clips will have no impact on your pagerank

yes, you can get good traffic from youtube video

Video can provide the better understanding of your website. And can give some traffic too but it really has no relation with the page rank.

I think adding a video from youtube can't affect your pr.

Maybe it needs to be said this way.....are concerned with page rank..or are you concerned with traffic to your site? As you well know..a good video can generate thousands of views...free....and by adding a link...you should gain benefit.

A good example.....when you search on google under many keywords....what are you seeing on the first page????

VIDEO!

Enough said

Just my opinion

Gary

I think adding a video from youtube can't affect your pr.

....... but it'd bring a good and prompt TRAFFIC through a useful video. and also could bring visitors same way.

what you think...!!!

It can help if you add tags/keywords to it when you first upload it, and also if you write a blurb or short description when you embed it onto your site, that will also increase saturation and content of your website. Otherwise just having the video there won't really do too much for SEO.

I think that adding video can help pull in more readers, or at least minimize your site's bounce rate. I'm starting to put videos in my blog now, YouTube clips related to my theme, so I'll see if the bounce rate really does go down. The idea is, when you click on a video, at least you'll stick around for a few seconds, and who knows, you may get more interested in the site if it hasn't already gotten your attention.

I think that adding video can help pull in more readers, or at least minimize your site's bounce rate. I'm starting to put videos in my blog now, YouTube clips related to my theme, so I'll see if the bounce rate really does go down. The idea is, when you click on a video, at least you'll stick around for a few seconds, and who knows, you may get more interested in the site if it hasn't already gotten your attention.

That is a great point, if you make them interesting enough to watch I suppose.

Hi,
Off course videos increases the page ranking and keywords searching.
Because it is a way of advertising. By a videos a numbers of peoples comes on your sites, and indirectly a more traffic comes on your site.
I am SR.SEO in my company Infomist, You can get help by coming on my site.
http://www.infomist.com/.
You can link with my site. The details are given below:

URL : http://www.infomist.com
Title: Web development & Web designing | Web development & Web outsourcing | Web outsourcing | Drupal services
Description: Infomist is the most leading company and the largest Web developer’s site on the Net. Infomist provides web development, web designing, web hosting and web outsourcing services around the Globe. Infomist web developer’s team use most effective tool called Drupal for the Web development.

Yeah, Youtube videos can help you to get visitors over your site but it won't affect your page rank. Blog can help you getting traffic & link building.

The video won't really have any effect on pagerage. Although, you might have noticed that when Google spits out video results in the SERPs it usually lists YouTube videos at or near the top. The video alone will bring visitors and you can place the URL to your site in the video.

WebProNews has a good article about using video in terms of Google results:

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/01/14/how-to-use-video-to-improve-google-ranking-reputation-and-conversions

Well, if you make a lot of widely viewed videos, that aren't necessarily on your site, but that do have a mention of your url at the end of the video, that can be a strong motivator for viewers to check out your site, if the video was meaningful to them. I know that works with me whenever I am on YouTube.

Will SEO Help with rankings?

That's a popular question, and while no one may know for sure the exact answer (other than the kind folks behind the sealed doors @ the Googleplex), we can draw conclusions from our own tests and hands-on experience.

In my experience using videos has contributed to overall traffic to my website, plain and simple.

Adding video to your website definitely can attract more visitors to your website. A good quality and informative video is really helpful to make your website more popular. But remember a video can't increase your site ranking in search engine and also don't have any relation with page rank of your site. It can only boost the traffic flow. Indeed the video must be attractive and make sense for your site.

Yes it will increase your possibility to get linked by other sites. It can bring you more traffic. But it can not increase your ranking directly.

One of the way to optimize your website is through the use of video. The correct and proper use of video on your website will make a big difference on your website viewed by the search engines. Still more importantly by visitors that visits your site. Though not all videos proves to be effective.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.