Hi Folks,
Please tell me about What is difference between cache and index

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Cache is what a search engine makes use of to judge if a page is a good match for a searched query. Index refers to getting website listed in the search engine's database index for SERP.

Based on SEO term 1-when search engine bot or crawler come to your page or found any update on site, this process is "Cache".
2- After reading the updated element it stores those new elements in Search Engine's database. This restoration process is "Indexing".

commented: good definition, I am totally agree with you.. thanks +0

Cache is what a search engine makes use of to judge if a page is a good match for a searched query. Index refers to getting website listed in the search engine's database index for SERP.

Based on SEO term 1-when search engine bot or crawler come to your page or found any update on site, this process is "Cache".
2- After reading the updated element it stores those new elements in Search Engine's database. This restoration process is "Indexing".

Yeah, I am totally agree with you.

That question could actually have another meaning...

Think of your browser and the cache there. Websites that you've visited are stored in the browser cache for better performance and more personalization.

Websites that you visit for the first time are new.

Search engines work with cache and indexing is around about the same way

Cache just means that Google has crawled your page and this does not mean that your page content is OK and now that will be used for ranking.But Indexing mean that after cache of page your site page will be stored in data base and then it will be used for ranking.

Good differentiate you have mentioned out here regarding the Cache and Index,well i am really look forward out more differentiate between them...

That question could actually have another meaning...

Think of your browser and the cache there. Websites that you've visited are stored in the browser cache for better performance and more personalization.

Websites that you visit for the first time are new.

Search engines work with cache and indexing is around about the same way

I agreed with LABC, cache is the data stored by your webbrowser, so when you visit a page it will load faster.

Cache means - The Google “cache” command will help you find the cached copy – the way the Web page looked when Google’s spiders indexed it - of any Web page.

Index means pages added on Google database

Yup you are right jamaun. You can clear the web cache and page index but the next time you visit the page it will load slower

One web page which cache by Google may be not index in Google database

Caching (Cache) happens when Google crawls a specific web page and take the snapshot of that particular page. And after it crawls to that specific webpage, it will update that page details to it's database and that process is called indexing.

This is the main difference. Cache is what a search engine makes use of to judge if a page is a good match for a searched query. While this is about Indes. Index refers to getting website listed in the search engine's database index for SERP.

Yup, right you are. Welcome to daniweb.

Index is a process that include your site in google data base and other hand cache is the process that read the site cache your site link

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.