Hello,

I know this is an old question but I like to ask to make sure that I won't try it anymore.

Is web directory submission really dead for getting back links?

How about good PR web directories?
How about new directories?

Should we continue using this method to gain back links?

Thanks very much!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Is web directory submission really dead for getting back links?

@tadisaus2

Not really.

There's Bing Search Engine page where you can submit a website to Bing directory.

Should we continue using this method to gain back links?

I think that method is bit old so I don't have any suggestion regarding about that.

Web directory submission is not completely dead in SEO. We can still submit our website in High PR directories for the backlinks.

You can use web directory submission to get backlinks because web directory submission is not dead completely.

Directory Submission is not at all useful for optimizing websites. Even if you get approval from high quality directories, there will not be Page rank, more outbound links and no traffic. Without these benificial how can g oogle consider this as quality backlink.

A link from one of the zillions of dumpster directories is about as useful as ... as ... I don't know. It's useless. USELESS!!! Complete waste of time and energy, waste of Internet space ...

no ,it's useful one

Submit your website links on High PR directory sites it will get you high quality backlinks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.