One of my client's micro <link snipped> site has some cls issues and that's why it has a slow response on mobiles. How can we resolve cls issues.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What is "cls"? From memory it's the clearscreen command found in old TRS-80 Basic.

What is "cls"? From memory it's the clearscreen command found in old TRS-80 Basic.

In the context of SEO, CLS (cumulative layout shift) is a ratio that is representative of how much content on a webpage "jumps around" after the initial paint happens. It's considered poor usability for someone to start reading some text, and suddenly have that text pushed down as an ad loads, for example.

You can improve CLS by ensuring that all external resources outside of the HTML page (images, ads, etc.) all have fixed dimensions specified either in the HTML or CSS, so that there is room already accounted for them as they load in place over slow mobile connections.

That being said, the website you pointed me to has a CLS of zero, meaning that there are no more issues.

Why using acronyms, character case is important as well as subject. You can guess how acronyms are often a cause of miscommunication. I try to avoid them or define them as I write my papers and documentation.

In the context of SEO (as this is the SEO forum), it’s absolutely always referred to as CLS. I actually had to look up what it stands for to give my explanation. One of those abbreviations that ends up becoming the primary word while the original spelled out version becomes obscure.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.