Hi everyone. I'm checking with you guys if you have any experience with this. So what I'm doing is deeper research on PBNs, and I would really love to get a picture of what it takes to successfully run a PBN and stay under the radar.

Are you running a PBN, and how difficult is it? What do you think about the risks?

Have you bought links from a PBN and how did it go? What is your backup plan if G deindexes the PBN?

So I just released a video about why I believe this is a very risky strategy. In this video, I talk about my experience investing over $1000 on Fiverr testing random traffic gigs with 1-3 Tier Networks and other traffic gigs. It was a long time ago, but it ended up being a complete failure when it came to ranking on Google or making money online.

I also talked about something I thought was suspicious when I checked a thread at a forum market place (not this forum). I need to know if this is common practice or if I just imagine it.

Then I talk about people that have been unsuccessful for a long time, and I shed light on the reason why that is. I talk about how I changed my strategy to something that makes sense. It is just disappointing that I didn't do this 10 years ago.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to my video, so I'll refrain from doing that, but it would help explain what I mean. Let me know if I can add it. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Thanks for putting your YouTube channel in your profile.

I have to ask: Why would we want to stay under the radar?
Is there something shady going on with PBNs?

commented: What I mean by staying under the radar is doing things that will be detected by the Algorithm as a manipulation of ranking a website. +0

I haven’t watched your video (yet), but my first instinct is to recall there was the big announcement a couple of years ago that Google was going to go hard against PBNs. I don’t remember if it was just deindexing, or a Penguin penalty. Either way, personally it’s not something I would risk doing with any site or content that I genuinely care about in the long term.

I think it’s one of those things that might work great temporarily, but once a domain is on Google’s radar, it would be very, very difficult to ever do anything with that domain, or its content, ever again.

On that note, let me ask you a question: Do you have any experience using PBNs for SEO clients or established brands you care about preserving in the long term?

Apologies if you answer this in the video.

Thank you Dani for all this and more. Black Hat SEO is what I'm reading and how Google has a tripwire that if they are found out then it's game over.
-> Seems like it's time to forget that and find ways to get your SEO game on "inside the rules."

Do you think that PBN work now a days, I think Google easily detect the backlinks profile if it's a PBN network then You get a Penalty ....

No, I don’t think PBNs easily work nowadays.

Google doesn't like it. I prefer buying a domain with a good backlink profile and DA rather than going with PBN.
Personally, I never tried PBN. I did however do 301 redirecting from a good domain to a new one multiple times and I have good experience with it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.