Claims are made and being confirmed that the Google Pagerank has started the third Updat this year. Check out http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=403632

Love to hear who went up or down...
Good luck all

Recommended Answers

All 28 Replies

So far only digitalpoint is saying so and they are less then accurate with many things. And even if it is started until it finishes you won't know what your PR really is.

Plus the data is old and stale anyway....

backlinks are updating on this datacenter

Check using the link: operator

I've noticed site: being updated but the toolbar is stagnant for me.

I haven't noticed any change in our site's PR lately. Then again, I'd rather have no change than a negative change :lol:

I don't care what PR is. I care what my rankings are.

Member Avatar for gcs584

I concur that the claims are bogus.

Like stymiee stated, PR is pointless - the PR data is old and is not indicative of a site's traffic or a site's search engine placement.

It seems PR update in August.
is this true?

Don't worry, there will not be major change that will drastically change anyones PR like Google Bomb!

Don't worry, there will not be major change that will drastically change anyones PR like Google Bomb!

What do you mean??? :icon_neutral:

Ignore that post. It makes no sense.

Google PR update will be this end of July or early August. Everybody is waiting for PR update. Most on the forum I read , that Page rank of a website not so important but for me it is one consideration in evaluating links.

Most on the forum I read , that Page rank of a website not so important but for me it is one consideration in evaluating links.

Which is a mistake. That's why the experts on forums say not to take PR so seriously. :)

I haven't noticed anything changing yet but I am sure it is getting close! Come on pr 5!!!

I think the PR Update will be this August.

Backlink updates has already started 3 weeks ago..

PR will be next.... I agree with stymee... Even the PR updates on datacenters started you may never know what will be your PR until the updates is already finished...

I am always using PR predictor tool, and I have noticed that some of the data centers is updating the number of backlinks. I think PR update will be early August or mid of August.

PR predictor tools are a waste of time. I'd stop obsessing over PR and focus on more important matters.

I do waiting for my PR update. But for now I focus my work for link building.

Hi guys

Lets see what will happen to my PR..

Steve

Me too after I focus on link building.

2 of my blogspot sites gained PR a couple of days ago

They went from PR0 - PR2

It is in the mid of August, there is no changes in PR. Did anyone knows the exact date for PR update?

No one knows the exact date for the update.

Right stymie, some says google finished update and some also says google is in the process of update. We didn't know when is the exact date of update. Most of us noticed only the changes of backlinks.

That usually happens before the PR update.

Ah. ok. thanks stymiee.

so maybe thats why my site dropped a few PAGES overnight... i hope im going up...:)

Maybe, it is the result of google backlinks update.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.