Hello everyone:

I have been reading through some of the threads on this forum trying to learn of new avenues I can advertise the company I work for.

I work for a new publication and we are trying to reach out to as many people as possible here in the United States and internationally. I have heard about Adsense on google, and I was wondering if that really generates attention for companies.

Has anyone had experience in advertising their business on Adsense, and has it worked out?

Also, anyone have tips on how we can increase our own ad sales. Keeping a magazine going is hard work and needs a lot of funding and that is not possible for ad space is not being sold to advertisers.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Sincerely,
Rosetta :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Yes, Actually there are a few things that you can do to advertise your magizine.
One Adsense is fairly good, but you do have to be careful with it. It can be tricky to work out the right things. You don't want it advertising on the wrong type of sites.

Radio annoucements are great for advertising anything. For a magizine it would be something different, and nobody has ever done it before. You would only want to advertise your magizine over the radio for special bulletins, deals, offers, ect..

Another thing you might look at is by starting off asking this question.

Where do most people spend their time reading a magizine, and really pay attention to what it says?

The answer is really very simple actually.

It is the place that most people at one time or another have to go.
Where is this place you ask?

Why the Doctor's office and the Hospital.
You could send two or three editions to doctors offices for free and let them read them and let them set them in the lobbies.
If they like what they read. Not only will they order it for their office, but will set it in the lobby. If it's a small town area like around here. The receptionist knows everybody, and she will be talking about what she read and where she read it too. ;)

There are many other ways as well... but this will do for now.

If you like them let me know.

Hello Lightninghawk:

I thank you for your reponse, and you make a valid and very important point. I would definately want to hear what more ideas you have.

By the way, do you know any receptionists that would be interested in reading our publication and leaving it out as a sampler for patients to read??

I will also look into Adsense, but as you said we do not want to be marketed to the wrong people.

Another avenue we are using to market our magazine is donating ad space to non-for-profit organizations and sending a free copy to the organization we choose. This action works out for both parties, for one the organization and its cause is exposed to people world wide, two we exercise our social responsibility, and three we and the organization reach out to more people and more people get to know who we are and have an opportunity to support the organization that is promoted in our publication.

Our key goal here is to reach out to diverse people, and serve as channel to connect people of diversity together.

I hope to hear from you again.

Thank you.

Yes, Actually there are a few things that you can do to advertise your magizine.
One Adsense is fairly good, but you do have to be careful with it. It can be tricky to work out the right things. You don't want it advertising on the wrong type of sites.

Radio annoucements are great for advertising anything. For a magizine it would be something different, and nobody has ever done it before. You would only want to advertise your magizine over the radio for special bulletins, deals, offers, ect..

Another thing you might look at is by starting off asking this question.

Where do most people spend their time reading a magizine, and really pay attention to what it says?

The answer is really very simple actually.

It is the place that most people at one time or another have to go.
Where is this place you ask?

Why the Doctor's office and the Hospital.
You could send two or three editions to doctors offices for free and let them read them and let them set them in the lobbies.
If they like what they read. Not only will they order it for their office, but will set it in the lobby. If it's a small town area like around here. The receptionist knows everybody, and she will be talking about what she read and where she read it too. ;)

There are many other ways as well... but this will do for now.

If you like them let me know.

Sure, I know a few different offices that I could list for you. Let me get a few of them together Monday and I'll PM you with that information. I also work at a hospital. I will check in my area and see if they might be interested.

well i would suggest adwords and even advertsising in yahoo would make diffrence but regional and local advertsising would really work out for your kind of product.
well if you really planning to advertise it globally i can take care of advertising and promoting your product in India via newspapers, TV Channels and magazines.
You can let me know if you are interested i will give you all details or we could talk over phone for more details.

regards
trraju

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.