Hello all...

I have a webpage which DID work in IE, but now for some reason it will NOT work with the Frames I have established in the page.

It works just fine in Firefox, haven't tried it in anything else, don't have but Firefox and IE.

The ONLY frame which shows up in IE is the very top one across the full width of the site.

The rest do NOT show up. I have tried naming each frame, that did not work. I tried looking for code which will not allow it to work in IE (I'm not that good in HTML) but couldn't figure it out if there was.

Here is the HTML code from the site if you were to go there and do a right click and view source.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Cash-Free-World</title>
</head>

<frameset rows="93,*" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0" bordercolor="#D0D6C6">
  <frameset cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0" bordercolor="#D0D6C6">
  <frame src="cfwindextopframe.html" name="topFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize >
  </frameset>
	<frameset cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0" bordercolor="#D0D6C6">
  <frameset rows="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0" bordercolor="#D0D6C6">
    <frameset cols="185,*" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO" border="0" bordercolor="#D0D6C6">
    <frameset rows="152,192" bordercolor="#D0D6C6">
      <frameset cols="*" bordercolor="#D0D6C6">
      <frame src="cfwindexlftframe.html" name="TopLeftFrame" scrolling="no" noresize bordercolor="#D0D6C6" title="CFW-TOPLEFTFRAME">
      </frameset>
    	<frameset cols="*" bordercolor="#D0D6C6">
      <frame src="cfwindexclftbtmframe.html" bordercolor="#D0D6C6" scrolling="auto" name="BottomLeftFrame" title="CFW-BottomLeftFrame">
    	</frameset>
    </frameset>
    <frame src="cfwindexctrframe.html" name="mainFrame" bordercolor="#D0D6C6" scrolling="auto" title="CFW-MAIN">
  	</frameset>
  </frameset>
	</frameset>
</frameset>
</html>

Can anybody help me?

Here is the site itself, so you can see what I mean.
http://www.cash-free-world.com/

OK hope to have some help on this.
Gary

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Refer to this tutorial you really need it as your code is big mess

Ok, thanks for the advice, but I just decided to rebuild the entire page!! I did that and now it works, with the exception that a couple images won't show up in IE, but do in other browsers. Still gotta figure THAT out... LOL

So I solved it myself, I just started a NEW frames page, and rebuilt it.

Gary

You better check if the tags are written properly not like frames that been hell of mess and there waas no point to correct them just point you to tutorial...

You better check if the tags are written properly not like frames that been hell of mess and there waas no point to correct them just point you to tutorial...

Thanks!

I'm sure the the tags are written correctly, because I have other pictures on the same page which show up just fine using the same tags, just changing the picture name. But these 2 won't work. Maybe it's because they are within a Table, that's within a table, inside yet another table? I had to do that to get the placement of the pictures, and other words around the pictures to work properly.

Yet this all works fine in everything but IE!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.