Hi All,
I am using DreamWeaver 7. My Screen resolultion is set to 1024x768. I want to design the webpage for 1024x768. What dimension in terms of pixel units, should i take in the ruler setting in the Dreamweaver?
Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

give your table width="1024" height="760"
it's take in pixels then solve but post your thread in HTML & CSS sections

I would strongly recommend against making a fixed width table of 1024. For starters, even with 1024 x 768 res, people will have to scroll to the right because of the width of the vertical scroll bar. Furthermore, if someone has a resolution of only 800 x 600, they will have to scroll far to the right to see your whole page.

Thanks Sree and Hi2Japan for solution provided. It worked fine.

The height attribute of the TABLE tag is not supported by Firefox 1.0

give your table width="1024" height="760"
it's take in pixels then solve but post your thread in HTML & CSS sections

that time give height and width 100%

when you give height or width =100% its take the width and height depends on browser window check it ..

Actually, height and width are taken from the container of the tag specified. The body tag takes its width from the browser window width. The height of the body tag depends on which browser is used. IE uses the window height if the page fits, and the length of the rendered page if it doesn't. FF always uses the length of the rendered page.

If you want to develop your site for someone on a "1024px" width, then specify in CSS that the wrapper DIV will have that width. The same would be said for the height.

I always design my websites based on 800X600. I make it a little smaller to factor in the scroll bar. This seems to appeal to most of my viewers.

I like using 900px for my sites width.

I change the size of my browser window to see how the page behaves at different resolutions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.