hello all,
anyone can help me to know, if they have anything related to use <div> in our html page rather than using<table>
besides this i want to know what web 2.0 includes?
thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

There's nothing to use other then div and table(from what I remember). Unless you're talking about styling your elements, you can use the <span> tag.
Web 2.0 differs from web 1.0 mainly because of better and new technologies and little bit because of design. So basically one of the the big things in web 2.0 is AJAX and some other blah blah technologies used in search engines and stuffs.

Web 2.0 isnt an actual thing, its sort of an idea

The idea of using div rather than tables is because instead of using plain html we like to use XHTML and CSS to seperate cotent and presentation so a site looks good whether its printed, read or viewed on any device.

Web 2.0 isnt an actual thing, its sort of an idea

The idea of using div rather than tables is because instead of using plain html we like to use XHTML and CSS to seperate cotent and presentation so a site looks good whether its printed, read or viewed on any device.

I agree with the above comment; the best way to make a good looking layout is with xhtml and CSS. You can even make some DHTML widgets with just XHTML and CSS those two languages together are powerful.

First of all, if the content is tabular data, use a table. It is not deprecated.

The main idea is to get rid of the old usages of using tables to create borders and margins. Before CSS, table was the only way to have a border or a margin around the page.

Another objective is to not use tables to position objects on the page. Unfortunately, the use of div means the page layout falls apart if things don't fit, or if the window size is reduced. The table will add scrollbars if the content doesn't fit.

i know something like overflow and all the other things but yet i want to know from u all is only that is there any tutorials which teach about div

You can add scrollbars to divs cant you?

You can add scrollbars to divs cant you?

Yes. The difference is that table defaults to adding scrollbars, but div defaults to changing size and location to render.

The REAL reason they want us to stop using tables for anything other than tabular data is accessibility.

HTML readers for the blind read off the row and column number for each table cell. This means nothing concrete to the blind person, if the table is used for layout purposes instead of tabular data.

Another reason is also to make the script cleaner.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.