I am starting to learn photoshop and am looking for a book which can teach me photoshop cs5 from scratch.I do not any previous experience with photoshop(The only image editing experience i have is of cropping and resizeing lol).Please recommend.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

When it cums 2 Photoshop i prefer you download tutorials...u cn get the basics and stuff ..1st Photoshop uses layers so u cn js google "hw 2 use layers in photoshop".

IMHO, use video tutorials. A book (in the design world) can be ONLY used as a reference.
Try THIS ONE ; it's 17+ Hours long, a complete beginner's guide, aand, costs 'only' $149.95 on DVD :)
[btw, I disagree with Graffixnerd; if you're a TOTAL beginner, downloading fragments of tutorials will only make you nuts! I prefer a LONG, precise and consise course.]

IMHO, use video tutorials. A book (in the design world) can be ONLY used as a reference.
Try THIS ONE ; it's 17+ Hours long, a complete beginner's guide, aand, costs 'only' $149.95 on DVD :)
[btw, I disagree with Graffixnerd; if you're a TOTAL beginner, downloading fragments of tutorials will only make you nuts! I prefer a LONG, precise and consise course.]

Oh, i think it's good :) Because some my friends used it

The best way to learn photoshop in my opinion is through video tutorials. Check out lynda.com, i can say they offer the best photoshop tutorials in the world. :) it's only $25 a month for an unlimited access to their huge library of computer tutorials. :)

If you crop or edit picture in photoshop then you can do more things on it! just watch youtube tutorial to make your practice good.
Good luck

I agree. Books can take you only so far when it comes to web designing. You need to watch the tutorials on youtube or get hands on experience watching a web designer in action.

I recommend you for video tutorials. these are best than book. If Book then , The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers is best option.

some video tutorials ?

I think video tutorial is best way to learn Photoshop practically..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.