Hi,

Does anyone know any good tutorials for creating whole websites in Flash?

Also, if anyone knows of a tutorial or could explain how to make an object grow? Such as a square that starts off at 1px high and grows until it reaches 250px?

Thanks,

Nathan :D

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I say you need first learn flash and than think of building website in flash. I'm not pro in this area but at least I do have some backround knowledge of this tool. Firstly get started with tutorials provided with your copy of flash/ get a book, than you may try some simple trick which are online.

If not you get your self into troubles and than you quickly abandon idea of using Flash

I say you need first learn flash and than think of building website in flash. ... Firstly get started with tutorials provided with your copy of flash...
If not you get your self into troubles and than you quickly abandon idea of using Flash

Agree. The tutorials and samples that came with flash are very useful, you should definitely start with those if you are really a beginner. Those helped me understand basic drawing, drawing tools and motion tweening.
Is motion tweening that you need there.
Draw something on the stage with rectangle tool for example, then select the rectangle that you made, right click it, convert to symbol > make it "clip" or ("movie clip"), than in your timeline, add more empty frames, around 10-20, then right click in empty frames, select "create motion tween" than in last frame right click it and chose "enter key frame", now you have one key frame at beginning at another one at end with a line between them, there is one start shape and one end shape, you can go to last key frame, select the rectangle you made and transform it to scale ti to bigger, now when you test the file it will go from default size to bigger size that you set in last frame.

I hoe this helps, these basic things can be done after you read the tweening tutorials that came with flash mx. I think is under help > tutorials.

When experimenting with flash and motion tweening, begin familiarizing yourself with actionscript. the basics are fairly simple and when it comes to building a website, are a necessity.. I reccomend 2 books, the ActionScript Bible (it has everything you could ever need to know about actionscript, but is very intimidating, the other is Sams Teach yourself Flash MX ActionScript in 24 hours, which has 24 tutorials, which take about an hour each. (thus the title) It's a good way to become fairly saavy and the examples are clear-cut, easy to follow, and very applicable to your needs.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

simple select that box view action panel and add this code. you will understand the code urself if you know about onClipEvent, if and all

onClipEvent (load) {
    this._width = 1;
    this._height = 1;
    var i=1;
}
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    if(i<=250) {
        this._width = this._height=i;
        i++;
    }
}

Today there are so many website available that provide best tutorial for flash web design but as per the flash web design concern i recommended only one website that is flashperfection.com. This is best website for learning web design in Flash because this website provide great tutorials regarding Flash web design.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.