Hi Everyone, I Have A Toshiba A45 Laptop. The Springs (i Guess) In The Lid Are Shot And Now The Screen Will Not Stand On It's Own. Anybody Have Any Ideas On How To Fix This On My Own. I Heard To Get Another Case Is More Expensive Than Buying A New Laptop. Thanks, Cheri

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Michael,

Thank you so much. I have been so upset since this happened. I do a lot of my work on this computer and am not ready to buy another. Besides this one problem, it's been a good computer. So, again, thank you.

Cheri

HI Cheri

Welcome to Daniweb.

This link: http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/ToshibaA45/Satellite-A45-remove-hinges-1.htm should help you. Sounds like your hinges are broken. This site will take you through a step-by-step guide on how to replace and fix them.

Any problems, let us know.

HI again Cheri.

Anytime. Let us know if you get stuck or need a hand. I'm glad its been a good computer for you. Most people complain about theirs lol.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.