aint getting anything from post intel pentium 4 cpu 3.2 ghz 1 gig stick just added
it was able to before but now it wont could it be the thermal grease that i put on to the cpu could i have not put enuf ???

should i put the 256 ram back to where it was without the 1 gig inside of it i really dont know which option to go for first pls reply fast ty

also it was working like 2 secs before this happened cause i had just hooked a new moniter into it and then this decides to happen

i really cant afford these problems anymore its becoming a really big hassle..... help pls

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

ok, what exactly did you do to the computer? what type of computer is it?
Did you try to put everything back in the original configuration.

Reverse your actions to its defaults. meaning 256mb RAM incl all other changes. As for the termal grease did you remove the processor when youve applied the grease?

omg guys i feel stupid it wasnt really all that actually i didnt have the power supply turned on my bad guys thought i did have it on but i did not have it on now my comp is starting up at least eh.... still other problems but i will get them fixed as well.

Reverse your actions to its defaults. meaning 256mb RAM incl all other changes. As for the termal grease did you remove the processor when youve applied the grease?

You don't need to remove the processor to apply thermal grease all the time though.

I prefer working comfortable and that means taking out the cpu and applying grease while holding the cpu in my hand.yes you right but we cant always assume that people are doing things as We(you/I) usually do it.
But yes you right

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.