I am using Winxp service pack 2 with Realtek High definition sound card. My Problem is I can hear sound only from Right speaker not from Left.
Recently I updated driver with latest ver. 5.10.0.5672 (DirectX : 9.0 and audio codec: ALC662) to solve this issue but no chance :(
I also tested using different speakers and headphone, but same problem is occurring. That mean my currently speakers are ok.

Please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

make sure your sound for speaker left/right is ajusted in the middle in your media player or sound configurations

I am using Winxp service pack 2 with Realtek High definition sound card. My Problem is I can hear sound only from Right speaker not from Left.
Recently I updated driver with latest ver. 5.10.0.5672 (DirectX : 9.0 and audio codec: ALC662) to solve this issue but no chance :(
I also tested using different speakers and headphone, but same problem is occurring. That mean my currently speakers are ok.

Please help me.

i Know i am a bit late but i have just purchased a new AMDx2 that has onboard realtek sound and i could not get any sound what so ever, when i tried to install the drivers i kept getting install failure, after playing around with windows xp i decided to uninstall the drivers that windows installed as this was a fresh install on my machine, you cannot go into audio settings in device manager and uninstall the legacy HD audio driver maually, this is what you have to do...(bear in mind i am posting this for futuer reference for those who do have this problem)..
go into you device manager...right click on my computer>properties>hardware>device manager, near the bottom of the list you will see system devices, click on the + to get the drop down list and you will see microsoft UAA, right click on it and disable it, right click on it again and then uninstall it, now install the realtek drivers and your onboard sound should work fine.....Some people who have this problem give up and purchase a new sound card, there really is no need too, just follow the above steps and the problem should be resolved!!! BTW some realtek drivers do have problems with windows service pack 3, if this happens just reinstall your realtek drivers.

The key is to install xp with SP2 then the HD audio hotfix, then the drivers, then SP3

Dean66
Thanks mate - worked a charm!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.