Okay, Well I'm a totat idiot when it comes to hardware, can't tell good from bad, so I'll start out with my system info and that stuff..

I'm running WinXP..

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.80 Ghz
510MB RAM
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller with approx. 64MB memory
DAC Type: Internal
I'll include more info if needed

I'm looking to buy a new video card, pref. better than my current one, and it must support Hardware Transform and Lighting.

I'm not sure if it's integrated or not, but I think it is, but I got no idea what this would mean..

Someone mind helping me out, recomending a better one/telling me how to install it/etc. =/.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Okay, Well I'm a totat idiot when it comes to hardware, can't tell good from bad, so I'll start out with my system info and that stuff..

I'm running WinXP..

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.80 Ghz
510MB RAM
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller with approx. 64MB memory
DAC Type: Internal
I'll include more info if needed

I'm looking to buy a new video card, pref. better than my current one, and it must support Hardware Transform and Lighting.

I'm not sure if it's integrated or not, but I think it is, but I got no idea what this would mean..

Someone mind helping me out, recomending a better one/telling me how to install it/etc. =/.

none of the info in you post is enough to tell you what to get ,we need the model and make of your motherboard ,to give you assistance .

We need to know your motherboard and power supply information.

We need to know your motherboard and power supply information.

I'm not sure how to get this info.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.