I hooked my old HP 693C up to my computer (also have a HP Photosmart printer). The 693 will print in black & white, but won't print in color. Have checked the HP site and downloaded and installed the correct driver. HP no longer supports the 693 on their site. Is the color printing just not compatible with XP?? It works fine if I hook it back up to my old HP computer with Windows 98 on it. Thanks for any suggestions/input.
Bonnie

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I'd say, just check you're printing preferences... I've got an old Canon Bubble Jet BJC-600 that I used with my old Acer, it's a DINASOUR...and it still runs well with XP, I don't see any reason why yours wouldn't work... double check your drivers again... other that that, just stick with the other printer ya got. :P

does the printer print in color when doing the front-panel self test? If not, I suspect the color cart is bad

This is what's wrong with computing today. Stuff with a theoretically projected lifetime of 20 years becomes obsolete after 3 years, after which the company no longer supports it.

:mad:

I have 4 perfectly good printers which don't work, solely because I can't buy the ink cartridges for them anymore.

In addition, I have 8 perfectly good computers which I can't use, solely because I can't buy printers which work with them anymore.

I usually don't buy the "corporate greed" arguments, but with Microsoft, I make an exception. They are deliberately making old equipment obsolete by repeatedly changing the standards.

So that companies can sell NEW stuff and mare more loot.
Tell me the models of your printers and I will tell you where the cartridges are available, or you can refill the old carts
You can always add USB adapters to the 8 computers to get 'em to work with the new printers

This is what's wrong with computing today. Stuff with a theoretically projected lifetime of 20 years becomes obsolete after 3 years, after which the company no longer supports it.

:mad:

I have 4 perfectly good printers which don't work, solely because I can't buy the ink cartridges for them anymore.

In addition, I have 8 perfectly good computers which I can't use, solely because I can't buy printers which work with them anymore.

I usually don't buy the "corporate greed" arguments, but with Microsoft, I make an exception. They are deliberately making old equipment obsolete by repeatedly changing the standards.

Try to install your OS again.
May be it will your OS problem.
Please check it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.