Hi all my name is Paul.. I just built a new computer with a intel approved 450watt power supply.I have a dvd rw drive... 2 case fans... cpu fan... and thermal lcd display.. 120 gb hdd with all this in it I wanted to get eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card but the problem is im worried the power supply will not be good enough.. On the website it states 350w minimum but 480 w is highly recomended. I would like to know if those 30 w wont make a difference and if i can still run the card with full performance and not damaging any of my parts

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

this site has a good psu wattage calculator just click on what all you have and it will calculate how much wattage you will be using be sure to read what I have quoted below, it is the first thing on the site but I just wanted to make sure you read it ;) http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

Please Note: The Wattages listed below are maximum peak wattages for each component. The total amount this calculator figures is for all devices running at peak utilization. It is important to bear in mind that this amount will never be reached under typical operation. However we feel that this tool will give you a better idea of how much power your system will need. After all when it comes to power, having too large of a power supply is never a bad thing! It is important to note that power listings for some video cards are only estimates: the video card industry rarely reveal how much power their cards are drawing.

Thanks alot for the reply i appreciate it... and i guess that my power supply will be good enough... thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.