The other day I made a huge mistake using my laptop while I was feeding my 2 month old daughter, and she so happened to get sick and then spit up all over the laptop keyboard. Seeing that this was a liquid type spill, I immediately unplugged the laptop and removed the battery. After I let it dry out I turned the laptop on and discovered that some keys on the keyboard work but others do not. I also saw that some letters would type on its own, without me depressing the key. For example the "t" would look like its being continuously depressed and I cannot do anything on the laptop with out this frustrating issue being there. My Laptop is a Toshiba Satalite L355D and I was wondering what do I need to do to fix it? Is there anything I can do? Its still under warranty, but I believe liquid spills nullify that. Please Help. I sure would hate to see 700.00 go down the drain. Pardon the punn.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The other day I made a huge mistake using my laptop while I was feeding my 2 month old daughter, and she so happened to get sick and then spit up all over the laptop keyboard. Seeing that this was a liquid type spill, I immediately unplugged the laptop and removed the battery. After I let it dry out I turned the laptop on and discovered that some keys on the keyboard work but others do not. I also saw that some letters would type on its own, without me depressing the key. For example the "t" would look like its being continuously depressed and I cannot do anything on the laptop with out this frustrating issue being there. My Laptop is a Toshiba Satalite L355D and I was wondering what do I need to do to fix it? Is there anything I can do? Its still under warranty, but I believe liquid spills nullify that. Please Help. I sure would hate to see 700.00 go down the drain. Pardon the punn.

I have to replace my keyboard as well on my Toshiba satalite. I have seen them on ebay for around $15 and I have seen youtube video of the procedure but never tried it yet. It does not look that dificult. root beer was the culprit in my case.

You need to buy a new keyboard for sure, fortunately they are separated from the rest of your laptop buy a plastic foil. So with a little bit of luck your laptop is still OK.

Watch the youtube video (internet café ?) or surf the web looking for how to do this. I remember that there are 6-8 screws on a Tecra to get the keyboard loose.

No try to reboot... with an external USB keyboard. If it works you're all set while looking out for a spare.

Keep the toddler away while you are repairing :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.