I have a HP Pavilion dv5-1235 dx laptop. Two days ago I had my laptop LCD screen replaced. The replacement screen was used, seemed in good condition. When the repair guy was replacing it though, he cracked the exterior plastic frame. He assured me it wasn't a big deal; it's just a small horizontal break about 3/4 the way up the screen on the right. Initially, the screen worked fine. But after a little while, it began to act up. Namely, the screen gets these thin, whitish horizontal lines that flicker across until they take up the whole screen. Sometimes the image freezes, sometimes not. Usually it goes away when I either 1) adjust the angle of the screen, or 2) apply gentle pressure to parts of the frame. However, it's annoying and it is happening with increasing frequency. Is this related to the cracked frame, and how can it be fixed?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Take it back! You have a new laptop and putting old parts in it to save money? The frame should not have been cracked. Now you have unequal support on the bezel. Your problems will only get greater as time goes by. This I know!

Have someone else check the work. Sounds like the lcd isn't seated properly in the bezel, which is why the plastic cracked in the first place. There is probably pressure on the inverter which is causing the white lines across the screen. You could have also had a bad inverter with the old lcd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.