how do you replace a noisy fan and know which fan to purchase my computer model is not listed on any of the sites that sell replacement fans thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

how do you replace a noisy fan and know which fan to purchase my computer model is not listed on any of the sites that sell replacement fans thank you

Hi,is it a case fan or CPU fan ,i dont think dell has an actual cpu fan but a case fan that blows through to the cpu heatsinc . you could remove it and take it to local computer repair shop/store
did you try contacting Dell
this should be the fan in you tower .see attachment

i took the power supply out and took it apart and cleaned the fan and put it back together after going to the dell trouble shooting page it it seemd to have solved the problem thanks for the reply john

i took the power supply out and took it apart and cleaned the fan and put it back together after going to the dell trouble shooting page it it seemd to have solved the problem thanks for the reply john

So how did you clean it? We have it out already.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.