I've got a SyncMaster 932BW that is jittery, and then blinks to black, and then back on. This saga started when all of a sudden, horizontal squiggly lines appeared on my display. I rebooted, and then I came up with a few sets of 5, or so, red vertical lines. Again I rebooted, and low and behold, my screen resolution went from 1280 x 768 to about 800 x 600. This made me believe that my GeForce 8800 was about to die, so I went out and bought a Geforce 210. Now the screen has a horizontal jitter, and then goes to black at random times, sometimes only once and sometimes about 5 times in 30 seconds. I'm at a loss at what to try next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hmmm. I have seen this before in the following situations:

1. you bought a second dud card.
2. your gpx card has driver compatiblity issues with your motherboard: try a different series or another brand.
3. your agp/pci slot is on the way out.
4. you have a faulty vga cable.
5. funnily enough, I have also seen that black screening happen on a PC that had nowhere near enough RAM, too. But I cannot see how that could be an issue. however, more RAM did solve the problem.

I have one of those syncmasters too. it is a no go, but I get a different error - it says 'out of range' when I know that it is not. could be an issue with that series of monitor, maybe.

Will let you know what the cure is if I find it. At least you've given me some things to try.

hmmm. I have seen this before in the following situations:

1. you bought a second dud card.
2. your gpx card has driver compatiblity issues with your motherboard: try a different series or another brand.
3. your agp/pci slot is on the way out.
4. you have a faulty vga cable.
5. funnily enough, I have also seen that black screening happen on a PC that had nowhere near enough RAM, too. But I cannot see how that could be an issue. however, more RAM did solve the problem.

I have one of those syncmasters too. it is a no go, but I get a different error - it says 'out of range' when I know that it is not. could be an issue with that series of monitor, maybe.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.