Hi, I was getting an intermittent high pitch hum from my PC as though something decided to kick in (fan?) with more revs. After replacing my 17 inch monitor (burnt out) with a new 19 inch widescreen, I now get the noise continually, and the text appears to be a lighter colour. Any clues anyone? I was thinking it's the video card with fan attached as maybe the video card can't support the bigger monitor, and cause the text to lighten.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi, I was getting an intermittent high pitch hum from my PC as though something decided to kick in (fan?) with more revs. After replacing my 17 inch monitor (burnt out) with a new 19 inch widescreen, I now get the noise continually, and the text appears to be a lighter colour. Any clues anyone? I was thinking it's the video card with fan attached as maybe the video card can't support the bigger monitor, and cause the text to lighten.

lower the resolution on the video

lower the resolution on the video

Thanks. The repair bill for the noise problem (new video card and fan) was too high so purchased a new machine.

Thanks. The repair bill for the noise problem (new video card and fan) was too high so purchased a new machine.

wow ,you got a new computer for the price of a replacement video card ! thats good ,i recently bought a new 512 agp card for 65.oo$ for my old P4

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.