Is it safe?

ANd if so where can I find one, no PC place around here sells ones. And the ones on sites i have looked at (directron, newegg) just have the pumps. Where I can get the whole setup.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

As with most things you can do to your computer, it is safe if you do it correctly.

I don't shop for water cooling parts myself, but I know that you can get parts at Cooler Guys and Xoxide.

My recommendation is that you join a forum that specializes in such subjects. A forum that I know to be great for discussions of this type is [H]ard|Forum. They have a section for Overclocking & Cooling. Check out the sticky threads in that section for lots of information about watercooling and what you need to do to get your rig watercooled.

Hey thanks. I was thinking of water cooling because not only does it look cool, but I am probably going to get more ram a better video card an dual core processor .... so the heat will be up preety high ...

Water cooling isn't all it's cracked up to be. Read through some reviews and what not and you'll find a water cooled setup isn't much better than something on air. Overclockers may get better results, but for a stock system it isn't worth the trouble. I've got a fairly high end system here running just fine on air cooling.

Is it safe?

ANd if so where can I find one, no PC place around here sells ones. And the ones on sites i have looked at (directron, newegg) just have the pumps. Where I can get the whole setup.

Why dont you try a peltier cooler? they may not be nearly as 'cool looking', but unless youve got a constant temperatue water recirculator cooling the water over your chip, then youre really not cooling much. you can easily achieve sub zero temperatures on the cold side of a peltier. you might need a water cooer for the hot side though, but ive noticed that a nice big fan works well.

theyre cheap, theyre available from almost any electronics supply catalog, theyre easy to set up and if youre not an eletronics engineer yet, hardwiring it to your mainboard will make you feel like one for a while.

GKD

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.