hi,
i have a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse (Desktop 1000) but i am having trouble with the keyboard. i only got it on saturday. sometimes when press keys i get nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno response or the freeze (like over their). iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit is in range because it is right beside the mouse and the keyboard. The batteries are also good. Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

what other wireless devices do you have in your house or around the keyboard/mouse?

none but it is very close to my lcd monitor and speakers if that is any good. could it be that it is not getting enough power from the usb port? the leds on the receiver go off and on thats when i get thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhe miss haps

It is very possible that it is a power issue (I'm assuming its usb). Do you have adapters that came with it that make it from usb to the standard ps2 adapters? If so try that. But also try unpluging in your other usb devices. Do you have a lot of them pluged in. If so are they in a usb port expander? You may have solved your problem.

there is only 2 things pluged in, this and my broadband modem. it iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis usb, do you know where i can get the adapters?

yes it is the power supply. can i increase the voltage to my usb ports?

not exactly, but there is a fix for your problem. Do you have a desktop or laptop. If you have a desktop you should buy a pci 4-port usb card which will give you 4 good powered usb ports. If you have a laptop, i believe you can get a pcmcia card with usb ports aswell and this will to the trick also. Just google for them or search newegg. I bought a 4 port usb 2.0 pci adapter card for my pc for about $15 i think.

i dont think i have any pci slots on my motherboard and if i did how do i install it?

every computer has pci slots im pretty sure yours does too. They may all be filled up but you have them. If you pull off the side cover of your case, you should see towards the bottom left-hand side a series of rows of white slots. Some are probably occupied already, but you most likely have one free. To install a usb card in one, you just push it in the slot and close the case back up (you do this when your machine is off). It is actually very simple as im sure you will see. Then once you boot your computer up it should recoganize it if you are running xp but if not then just install the software that it comes with and you are set to go.

If you would like pictures check out this website. It does a good job expalining, but unfortunatly it kindof makes it seem like its a hard task but its really not.

thanks that will do i will order one. I have to say you are very helpful around here, glad i joined

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.