Hello,

still some time to wish a happy new year..
im new on this forum,
im just installed a new dvd burner in my toshiba laptop, 5205, and i get this error.
IDE #0 error,

at the startup of the computer then it ask me
for my disk system.

- i just realise that before the new dvd , when the computer was cold it asked me for the disk systeme too, but after several tentativ he was able to boot,

but now with this new dvd burner,
i get this IDE error then the disk system is not reconize

i have read the other trat about IDE #1 error , but i don't know if its related.
do you have any idea.
thank you
Patrick

Hello,

still some time to wish a happy new year..
im new on this forum,
im just installed a new dvd burner in my toshiba laptop, 5205, and i get this error.
IDE #0 error,

at the startup of the computer then it ask me
for my disk system.

- i just realise that before the new dvd , when the computer was cold it asked me for the disk systeme too, but after several tentativ he was able to boot,

but now with this new dvd burner,
i get this IDE error then the disk system is not reconize

i have read the other trat about IDE #1 error , but i don't know if its related.
do you have any idea.
thank you
Patrick

Hello Patrick,
had same problem with Toshiba Satellite and Toshiba-Samsung drive. If replacement drive is Toshiba (even if it's not) you need to contact a person called <email snipped> Gave him all the info and he sent necessary firmware (CSEL changer) and instructions. If you have access to a desktop PC this will be a bonus, as you will need to buy a very cheap IDE adapter (from Maplins) so you can connect the DVD/CD drive to the desktop to do the job.
Best of luck,
any more help? glad to

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.