I built this computer 5-6 years ago. It has only frozen maybe 2 times and crashed maybe 3. What I mean when I say wont start is, It turns on motherboard lights come on, all fans work, everything seems to be going normally but it stays in high run mode (when it is louder at the start of turning the computer on) and the keyboard lights don't flick on and off and the monitor has no reaction, the mouse lights up, there are no beeping sounds, the pcu warms when computer is on, I have moved all the ram to different slots, I have moved the video card to different slots, I took the whole computer apart and back together, all the wires are plugged in, I think the hdd is spinning (its extremely quiet), and I cant think of anything else to do. Any suggestions? Please help. Sorry for the terrible run on sentences and bad grammar possibly, I just want my computer working again.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

the pcu warms when computer is on

assuming you mean "cpu" its not wise to let a non-booting computer run till the processor gets hot .you may be just doing more harm ,it may already be too late ,no way of telling that i know of ,except changing the CPU

I only had it on for 5 seconds without the heatsink/fan to check that the cpu was working.

it only takes 5 seconds if it a AMD cpu ,good luck

it only takes 5 seconds if it a AMD cpu ,good luck

It is intel, I have another older processor Im going to try. So you think it is the processor and not anything else?

I tryed a different processor, Same result.

It is intel, I have another older processor Im going to try. So you think it is the processor and not anything else?

no,not positive ,5or6 yr old computer it could be anything ,try it with just one stick of ram at a time

no,not positive ,5or6 yr old computer it could be anything ,try it with just one stick of ram at a time

Thank you so much, 1 of my sticks of ram is faulty. Have a good day sir, You are my hero!

your welcome, glad it worked for you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.