My monitor is dark, I have played around with the brightness and contrast buttons but it doesn't work. I have also changed the monitor to see if it is the monitor that is messed up. But does the same thing. I have read that it may be the video card. I just need a second opinon before i go out and buy another video card.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Yeah, its probably the video card or motherboard. Try switching around the parts to, err... switch them around, then see if your monitor works with the other video card or motherboard. Please try the video card first, much easier. Probably video card, maybe motherboard, definitly not software. Good luck.

My monitor is dark, I have played around with the brightness and contrast buttons but it doesn't work. I have also changed the monitor to see if it is the monitor that is messed up. But does the same thing. I have read that it may be the video card. I just need a second opinon before i go out and buy another video card.

I have had same problem ..i think its the Gamma setting on your computer.. if you go to appearance and personalization setting in control panel then look for maybe adobe gamma wizard setting?..box should come up taking you through steps when you get to box that sez " You can choose to work a different white poiunt than your monitors hardware setting" you should choose same as hardware.. as it may have been changed over few years with software u have added. so click on same as hardware and your screen should brighten up instantly.

it should be 1) control panel (if your on windows)..2) apperarance and personalization 3) adobe gamma- there go through the steps on the adobe gamma window ..or it might just be gamma window.. But its the white point setting on your computer that needs to be reset to same as hardware on your computer. hope that helps its real simple.. u dont need to go into the computer deep to find it.. it should be part of the main appearances n personalization page.. just look for gamma settings if your on a completely diff comp to mine. but thats almost certainly whats the probl;em.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.