I had my motherboard droped nothing cracked nothing broken, it kinda landed on the power adapter and bent the dc jack, ok so thats what happended, however it ran fine at the time (until the battery died) so i decided to solder a new dc jack onto the motherboard, so i purchased the excact same jack as the one thats installed, however it still refuses to get power to anything, if i use another dell notebook charge the batter and then put that batter in this broken motherboard it works perfect, so i am assuming that it shorted something when it fell, anyone have any advise on what i can try to replace/solder that will make the power go back from the dc jack into the notebook thanks

Steven

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

awww! big guy! try with dell's customer service.

i fixed it just had a few broken traces,

lol dell support thats a joke

I had my motherboard droped nothing cracked nothing broken, it kinda landed on the power adapter and bent the dc jack, ok so thats what happended, however it ran fine at the time (until the battery died) so i decided to solder a new dc jack onto the motherboard, so i purchased the excact same jack as the one thats installed, however it still refuses to get power to anything, if i use another dell notebook charge the batter and then put that batter in this broken motherboard it works perfect, so i am assuming that it shorted something when it fell, anyone have any advise on what i can try to replace/solder that will make the power go back from the dc jack into the notebook thanks

Steven

Hi my daughter has also managed to damage her DC jack, where did you buy one from, tried Dell, but they are useless??

Cheers

Gosy

I've been reserching this till my eyes hurt.
Yes the power jack is ok, the machine works normally with a full battery but cannot see the charger.
This is a motherboard problem so I got another one, it also has this problem as do hundreds of others.
So my search continues to see who has finally solved this.
I have tried everything I could think of, extensive resoldering, mag switch under cover, new DC jack, second battery, second mainboard, jumpers to video jack, extra grounding, suplement battery charging, I'm obsessing with these Dells.
FYI this is not just the 1150 but other models as well.
It really looks like a planned obsolesence, as all battery problems seem to be.
Any suggested options are appreciated, It can't hurt now.

help pleeeeese,
jack has snapped off motherboard inspiron 1150 and i am struggling to locate a replacement jack, could you tell me where to purchase one please, searched the net but driving me crackers now, ta in advance
beaker uk

Many mant offered on Ebay.
However no no garrenty that the mainboard will ever work again.
When this board gets hurt it freaks out and dies.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.