Hi guys,

I first must tell you that I'm not a real tech person, so I've tried to be methodical, and I'm running out of answers.

I have:
Windows XpPro:

Asus P4S8X motherboard with on-board sound. It used to work, but I had an issue and had to reformat my system. I was able to get everything up and running, except that I have no sound.

I've checked all of my connections within the tower, and they seem tight.

When running DXDIAG, the sound tab says, "No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer", so this isn't an issue of my volume controls being off. The machine isn't seeing it.

I went to usa.asus.com and found new audio drivers for my system, but after I downloaded them, they didn't self extract, so I'm a little unsure of where to put them.

Basically, I don't know how to make my system see these new drivers that I've downloaded, or if there is something else that I should be trying or doing.

I'll check this thread often, so please, let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
-Tina

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Is there a setup executable that came with the drivers? If yes, run it and follow the on-screen instructions. If not, open device Manager, you should see an entry called Multimedia Audio Controller with a Yellow Exclamation mark. Double Click this entry. Click the "Drivers" tab and click the buttonm labelled "Update Driver". In the Hardware Update Wizard window that pops up, select the radio box titled "Install from a list or specific location (advanced)" and click Next. In the next section, click the radio box titled "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" and click next. Click the have disk button and browse to the folder where you downloaded the drivers. Now the Hardware Update Wizard window will show you your soundcard's model. Select it and click next. Thats it, your driver should now be installed.

Please I want To The Driver

I need That

I lost Him :(

but I had an issue and had to reformat my system. I was able to get everything up and running, except that I have no sound

I suspect you are using a non genuine version of Windows after u reinstalled it. The non genuine version of windows would not allow you to install Service Pack2 and without that no Audio in WinXP Pro. I am not blaming you for piracy but am just providing another view of this problem. Just let me know if this is the case.

hi tinagirl,

what's the filename extension of the file you just downloaded, is it in zip, rar or what filename extension does the file have? if it is in zip or rar format then you have to extract the file..then follow then follow the steps that Goldeagle told you..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.