I have just upgraded my motherboard, and am not able to view my SATA drive anymore. As i said in the title it's recognized in the disk manager, and also in the device manager. I would like to make it accessable again without reformatting as i have some files on it that i'd like to keep. any ideas?

did you change any drive letters? Start>run and type diskmgmt.msc. In the window that pops up, locate your HD, right click it and choose the option to add drive letter or path. From the next window that pops up, click "add", select a drive letter, and OK your way outta there. Your problem should be fixed,

that option is not available, all i see is an option to format, properties, and help. also i have not changed any drive letters myself, i have however added a new dvd-writer though. however the SATA drives old letter was G, and the new dvd is E.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.