Historically I have had about 18.5 gigs of space left on my hard drive, give or take. Curiously, last week, I noticed that the hard drive space was down to 17.6 gigs and today I have noticed that my hd space is down to 16.9 gigs. I say Holysmokes!

I have run norton antivirus, ad-aware and Spybot and get nothing. My kids have told me that they have installed nothing nor have they added music to the machine. I use System Security Suite 1.04 to clean out my temporary internet files.

HELP!!!!:eek:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

figured out the issue. the system restore capacity was set to 12% somehow and recent removals of programs created new restore points. I reduced the amount but is 2 gig enough for system restore space or too much??? If anyone knows, please let me know.

Hi. Yes it's enough. Personally i don't even turn it on but i don't recommend that for anyone but a very advanced user plus i use Acronis anyway. I used to go with 3% and it worked out just fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.