I have a Dell Dimension XPS 1500 (pretty old) with a maxtor 20gb hard drive. This computer got pretty messed up so i decided to do some fixin. I bought a samsung 80gb hard drive. I installed the hard drive (i added it along with the maxtor, i didnt replace it). The computer detected the hard drive but when i go to my computer, the hard drive doesn't show up next to local disk (c:). When i click on the properties of local disk (c:) and click on the hardware tab, the samsung hard drive shows. The computer detected it but it doesnt seem to show up on my computer. What should i do?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

have you formated it? but first of all haven't you messed up with master and slave jumpers of your hd's? after checking this, go to the disk management, right click on yor new drive andchoose an option format it.

have you formated it? but first of all haven't you messed up with master and slave jumpers of your hd's? after checking this, go to the disk management, right click on yor new drive andchoose an option format it.

I formatted it and now the new volume shows up. Thnx for the help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.