Just curious if anyone else has one of these monitors? Why? Because I do, and it seems that no matter what video card I use, ATI or NVIDIA the screen picture is generally darker that it should be. Especially when gaming.

The only odd thing to note, is if I use my old Voodoo3 card I have clear and bright images. Gee I really miss 3DFx. Their cards were still the best.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sorry, only Sony's over here! I used to use an ATI Rage 128, then I had an ATI Radeon (the original, before the 8000 and 9000 series, etc), and then finally moved over to Nvidia Geforce territory.

Adjust your Gamma settings... nVIDIA and ATI's drivers should have settings for that.

Thanks, but I have tried the settings and they work fine for Windows, but in games not so well.

Oh well. Once my house is finished I buying an LCD Monitor anyhow.

Thanks for the help anyhow!

Another thing you may want to look into is a utility called PowerStrip. You can make a profile for games, and set it to extremely bright. Before you open the game, just activate the games profile (Powerstrip profiles can be set from a system tray icon) and run the game. When your done, go back to defaults.

Thats what I do..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.