have got xp pro sp2 on h/d, i was formatting a floppy when something happened everything went off , all i was left with was the desktop screen with no icons, the only way to shut down was switchoff by the button on front, since then it will not bootup it gets to the xp logo then attempts to reboot going to the safe mode,last known config screen then reapeats,i do not want to format h/d has i have got work that i do not want to lose hope someone can help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Can you access the last good configuration?

hmm, try to repair your windows. boot frm the windows installaition CD and choose an option "repair"

hmm, try to repair your windows. boot frm the windows installaition CD and choose an option "repair"

hi doc have tried that after f8 there is no option to repair

hi doc have tried that after f8 there is no option to repair

not after hitting F8 button, you need to boot from the windows installation cd, and there choose this option. BTW do you have such?

thanks for help but got fed up trying, so have formatted h/d, but will remember tips given if it happens again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.