I Think my hardrive /mp3 player caught a virus or something and i am lost. I'm learning and quit new in this techy stuff. I just inserted it into this dude's pc and it never came on after that. Any idea what I could do, I mean it is 20gb.

What exactly did u mean by hdd/mp3 player? Did u mean that u are using a 20 gb mp3 player as an external hard drive. what exactly did u do when u connected to the "dude's pc". if u downloaded something then it definitely could have been infected.

Now if the virus infection is in question then u can scan it after connecting it to any pc and run a full scan. That should sort the virus trouble for ya but then again it should show up on the pc after connecting it.

if the hard drive does not even show up connecting to the pc then that could be due to connecting cable problem or the power supply or anything as i am not sure what device is it that you are having trouble with?

Regards
Raj

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.