hi,
ok i'll get to the point. My graphics are dead. I have tryed lots of different monitors and none work. I have had the same problem before, ushally after adding a new hard disk, or changing the RAM or something. i think it might be something to do with the hard drives, i have tryed putting everything back to its origonag config. but it wont work. As i said i have had similar problems on other computers, and i cant remember what but i think i changed the hard disk or something. The monitor just says RGB no signal, and the others just have a yellow light indicating that it is not plugged in. The graphics card is built in. it is an old motherbord (GA5SMM) and the chipset is sis530. The computer sounds like it is startin up properly.

I havnt a clue what is going on, please could someone help. If u need more info or something like more specs you can e-mail me @: tom_q@hotmail.co.uk

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Well, what was the last thing you did before it stopped working? Usually something as simple as adding ram or a new graphics card could cause hardware errors like this. Also, make sure none of your components are overheating.

I would suggest taking out the last thing you added, and see what that does.. Maybe try another graphics card.. If all else fails, take out all your components and install them one at a time until you find what is causing the problem.

The graphcs card is built in, i have tryed loads of different hard disks, and lots of RAM cant sem to find the problem, it might be the ram tho i'll chek again thanks

If ram was the last thing that you added then it was probably the problem. Test it and see what happens..

thing is i dont think i have changed the RAM, however i hardly ever have the cover on my computers. i have about 4 of them in this jumblem of wires in the corner.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.